The painter and Illustrator Mohammad Tajvidi was born in 1925. After completing his studies at the School of National Arts, he took the position of assistant professor at the school. He was promoted to a senior professorship continued teaching until 1963.
Later he started making illustrations for hundreds of books. He died in Tehran in 1995 at the age of 70.
* Posts in ShahreFarang are projects-in-process. If you have pictures that you would like to include in this post please contact ShahreFarang.
* Never miss a post! Subscribe to ShahreFarang newsletter now for updates. (No spam, we promise) You can also follow ShahreFarang on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+, or grab ShahreFarang RSS feed in English!
Popular Posts (Last 24 Hours)
- Iranian Costumes
- Women’s Clothing in Iran
- First Grade Persian Textbook (~1945…
- Iranian Olympic Medalists
- Second Grade Persian Textbook (1960…
- Prophet Mohammad, Depicted as a Tun…
- Stereoscopic Pictures of Iran in th…
- Former Embassy of Iran in Washingto…
- Faces from Old Neighborhoods in Shi…
- Vogue in Iran (1969)
- Street Singers and the Passers-by
- Le Costume Historique
- Comic books in Persian
- The 4th Grade Spelling Notebook
- First Grade Persian Textbook (1939)
TagsBooks Building California Cards Childhood Children Books cityscapes Clothing Costume Decorations Documents Education Graphic Design Illustration Islam Los Angeles Magazines Murals Music neighborhood Orientalism Painting Photography Pop Music Portrait Postcards Propaganda Qajar Religion Restaurants Revolution Shia Shiism Shiraz Shops Show Smoking Sport Street Talisman Tehran Textbook Theater Vinyl Records War