Dave Brubeck’s concert In Abadan and Tehran, May 1958. David Warren “Dave” Brubeck (December 6, 1920 – December 5, 2012) was an American jazz pianist and composer, considered to be one of the foremost exponents of progressive jazz. Brubeck’s most famous recording was the Jazz piece, Take Five.
* Posts in ShahreFarang are projects-in-process. If you have pictures that you would like to include in this post please contact ShahreFarang.
* Never miss a post! Subscribe to ShahreFarang newsletter now for updates. (No spam, we promise) You can also follow ShahreFarang on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+, or grab ShahreFarang RSS feed in English!
Popular Posts (Last 24 Hours)
- Iranian Costumes
- Women’s Clothing in Iran
- Prophet Mohammad, Depicted as a Tun…
- First Grade Persian Textbook (~1945…
- Iranian Olympic Medalists
- Second Grade Persian Textbook (1960…
- Stereoscopic Pictures of Iran in th…
- Faces from Old Neighborhoods in Shi…
- Street Singers and the Passers-by
- Comic books in Persian
- Astrolabes and Celestial Globes
- Vogue in Iran (1969)
- Yesterday’s Kids
- First Grade Persian Textbook (1939)
- The 4th Grade Spelling Notebook
TagsBooks Building California Cards Childhood Children Books cityscapes Clothing Costume Decorations Documents Education Graphic Design Illustration Islam Los Angeles Magazines Murals Music neighborhood Orientalism Painting Photography Pop Music Portrait Postcards Propaganda Qajar Religion Restaurants Revolution Shia Shiism Shiraz Shops Show Smoking Sport Street Talisman Tehran Textbook Theater Vinyl Records War