Astrolabes and celestial globes were instruments of astrology that were extensively used in the Persian world to create astrological maps. Mainly made of brass they mostly had detailed astrological charts and maps on the inside and on the back.
* Posts in ShahreFarang are projects-in-process. If you have pictures that you would like to include in this post please contact ShahreFarang.
* Never miss a post! Subscribe to ShahreFarang newsletter now for updates. (No spam, we promise) You can also follow ShahreFarang on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+, or grab ShahreFarang RSS feed in English!
Popular Posts (Last 24 Hours)
- Iranian Costumes
- Comic books in Persian
- Second Grade Persian Textbook (1960…
- First Grade Persian Textbook (~1945…
- Pahlavi Hat and Dress Code for Men
- Googoosh Record Covers
- English Textbook for High School (1…
- Yesterday’s Kids
- Prophet Mohammad, Depicted as a Tun…
- Love Postcards from 1912
- Avalon Theatre, a Persian Palace in…
- Mansur Treatise on Human Anatomy
- Six Old Maps of Tehran (1848-1925)
- Mass-Produced Talismans
TagsBooks Building California Cards Children Books cityscapes Clothing Costume Decorations Documents Education Graphic Design Illustration Islam Los Angeles Magazines Miniatures Murals Music neighborhood Orientalism Painting Photography Pop Music Portrait Postcards Propaganda Qajar Religion Restaurants Revolution Shia Shiism Shiraz Shops Show Smoking Sport Street Superstitions Talisman Tehran Textbook Theater War