Discussing his pictures of the Friday flea market in Darvazeh-Esfahan, the photographer, Kamran Heidari, says: “This is the only place that you feel life is going on. If you want to see the real Shiraz you have to see this place. [The touristic] Zandiyeh complex is always there to visit but this [flea market] is there only for three hours.”
The pictures are taken between 2008 and 2013.
Edwin Lord Weeks (1849-1903) was an American artist. He made many voyages to the East, including Iran. In 1895, he wrote and illustrated a book of travels, From the Black Sea through Persia and India, which has many illustrations of Iran (Persia).
Pictures of Iranian Birth certificates that belong to men born in 1942. These pictures are collected and used by Iranian artist Najaf Shokri in an art project titled “Documentation of Iranian Men, born in 1942”.
Popular Posts (Last 24 Hours)
- Iranian Costumes
- Women’s Clothing in Iran
- First Grade Persian Textbook (~1945…
- Former Embassy of Iran in Washingto…
- Stereoscopic Pictures of Iran in th…
- Second Grade Persian Textbook (1960…
- Prophet Mohammad, Depicted as a Tun…
- Iranian Olympic Medalists
- Old Government Buildings of Rasht
- Comic books in Persian
- Street Singers and the Passers-by
- First Grade Persian Textbook (1939)
- Faces from Old Neighborhoods in Shi…
- Vogue in Iran (1969)
- Le Costume Historique
TagsBooks Building California Cards Childhood Children Books cityscapes Clothing Costume Decorations Documents Education Graphic Design Illustration Islam Los Angeles Magazines Murals Music neighborhood Orientalism Painting Photography Pop Music Portrait Postcards Propaganda Qajar Religion Restaurants Revolution Shia Shiism Shiraz Shops Show Smoking Sport Street Talisman Tehran Textbook Theater Vinyl Records War