Stonemason Zurkhaneh (“Zurkhaneh”=traditional Iranian wrestling center) is located near the end of Shah-Abbasi Karevansaray and the Goldsmith’s bazaar in the city of Kermanshah. The locals believe that its history goes back to 400 years ago. Many legendary traditional wrestlers of Kermanshah come from this sport club.
* Posts in ShahreFarang are projects-in-process. If you have pictures that you would like to include in this post please contact ShahreFarang.
* Never miss a post! Subscribe to ShahreFarang newsletter now for updates. (No spam, we promise) You can also follow ShahreFarang on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+, or grab ShahreFarang RSS feed in English!
Popular Posts (Last 24 Hours)
- Yesterday’s Kids
- First Grade Persian Textbook (~1945…
- English Textbook for High School (1…
- Comic books in Persian
- Bride and Groom
- Love Postcards from 1912
- Pahlavi Hat and Dress Code for Men
- Googoosh Record Covers
- Prophet Mohammad, Depicted as a Tun…
- Irandokht, born in 1942
- Paykan Service and Maintenance Manu…
- Iranian Costumes
- Second Grade Persian Textbook (1960…
- Mass-Produced Talismans
TagsBooks Building California Cards Children Books cityscapes Clothing Costume Decorations Documents Education Graphic Design Illustration Islam Los Angeles Magazines Miniatures Murals Music neighborhood Orientalism Painting Photography Pop Music Portrait Postcards Propaganda Qajar Religion Restaurants Revolution Shia Shiism Shiraz Shops Show Smoking Sport Street Superstitions Talisman Tehran Textbook Theater War