Stonemason Zurkhaneh (“Zurkhaneh”=traditional Iranian wrestling center) is located near the end of Shah-Abbasi Karevansaray and the Goldsmith’s bazaar in the city of Kermanshah. The locals believe that its history goes back to 400 years ago. Many legendary traditional wrestlers of Kermanshah come from this sport club.
* Posts in ShahreFarang are projects-in-process. If you have pictures that you would like to include in this post please contact ShahreFarang.
* Never miss a post! Subscribe to ShahreFarang newsletter now for updates. (No spam, we promise) You can also follow ShahreFarang on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+, or grab ShahreFarang RSS feed in English!
Popular Posts (Last 24 Hours)
- Iranian Costumes
- Women’s Clothing in Iran
- First Grade Persian Textbook (~1945…
- Former Embassy of Iran in Washingto…
- Iranian Olympic Medalists
- Stereoscopic Pictures of Iran in th…
- Second Grade Persian Textbook (1960…
- Vogue in Iran (1969)
- Prophet Mohammad, Depicted as a Tun…
- Street Singers and the Passers-by
- Comic books in Persian
- Faces from Old Neighborhoods in Shi…
- Old Government Buildings of Rasht
- First Grade Persian Textbook (1939)
- Le Costume Historique
TagsBooks Building California Cards Childhood Children Books cityscapes Clothing Costume Decorations Documents Education Graphic Design Illustration Islam Los Angeles Magazines Murals Music neighborhood Orientalism Painting Photography Pop Music Portrait Postcards Propaganda Qajar Religion Restaurants Revolution Shia Shiism Shiraz Shops Show Smoking Sport Street Talisman Tehran Textbook Theater Vinyl Records War