Talai (Golden) Book Series was a collection of simplified and abridged classics for kids published by Amir Kabir publication company in Tehran during the 1960s and 1970s. Their affordable price made them very popular among many children. For many, these books were their first introduction to the world literature.
* Posts in ShahreFarang are projects-in-process. If you have pictures that you would like to include in this post please contact ShahreFarang.
* Never miss a post! Subscribe to ShahreFarang newsletter now for updates. (No spam, we promise) You can also follow ShahreFarang on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+, or grab ShahreFarang RSS feed in English!
Donate to ShahreFarang
If you visit ShahreFarang regularly and would like to help keep the site on the Internet, please consider donating a small sum. There is no minimum donation, any sum is appreciated.
Popular Posts (Last 24 Hours)
- Lady Cockroach
- Iranian Costumes
- First Grade Persian Textbook (~1945…
- Second Grade Persian Textbook (1960…
- Prophet Mohammad, Depicted as a Tun…
- Women’s Clothing in Iran
- Comic books in Persian
- Mansur Treatise on Human Anatomy
- Shamloo by the Caspian Sea
- Building Azadi Tower (Shahyad)
- Vogue in Iran (1969)
- Stereoscopic Pictures of Iran in th…
- Faces from Old Neighborhoods in Shi…
- First Grade Persian Textbook (1939)
- An Overlooked Shahnamah
TagsBooks Building California Cards Childhood Children Books cityscapes Clothing Costume Decorations Documents Education Graphic Design Illustration Islam Los Angeles Magazines Miniatures Murals Music neighborhood Orientalism Painting Photography Pop Music Portrait Postcards Propaganda Qajar Religion Restaurants Revolution Shia Shiism Shiraz Shops Show Sport Street Talisman Tehran Textbook Theater Vinyl Records War