Photos from old government buildings of Rasht, the largest city on Iran’s Caspian Sea coast. Almost all the buildings are still standing, but some of them with different names from the past. For example, today “The hospital building Baladieh” is known as “Municipal Building No. 2”.
* Images provided by Damon Moradi.
* Posts in ShahreFarang are projects-in-process. If you have pictures that you would like to include in this post please contact ShahreFarang.
* Never miss a post! Subscribe to ShahreFarang newsletter now for updates. (No spam, we promise) You can also follow ShahreFarang on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+, or grab ShahreFarang RSS feed in English!
Popular Posts (Last 24 Hours)
- Iranian Costumes
- Comic books in Persian
- English Textbook for High School (1…
- Second Grade Persian Textbook (1960…
- First Grade Persian Textbook (~1945…
- Pahlavi Hat and Dress Code for Men
- Yesterday’s Kids
- Pre-Revolutionary Cigarettes
- GQ’s Persian Excursion (1969)
- Vogue in Iran (1969)
- Le Costume Historique
- British WWII Propaganda Posters
- Talisman for Warding off Co-wife
- The Sumptuous Persian Costumes
- Ingres Sketches of Persian Miniatur…
TagsBooks Building California Cards Children Books cityscapes Clothing Costume Decorations Documents Education Graphic Design Illustration Islam Los Angeles Magazines Miniatures Murals Music neighborhood Orientalism Painting Photography Pop Music Portrait Postcards Propaganda Qajar Religion Restaurants Revolution Shia Shiism Shiraz Shops Show Smoking Sport Street Superstitions Talisman Tehran Textbook Theater War