Here are a few examples from the newly launched permanent online exhibition, “Graphics of Revolution and War: Iranian Poster Arts.” The digital exhibit showcases posters from the 1979 Iranian Revolution and the Iran-Iraq War (1980-88). Along with the introductory essay, thematic sections, and poster descriptions, the website also provides additional commentary (including information about the provenance of the poster collection at the University of Chicago) as well as poster artists’ information and further bibliographic resources.
→ Iranian Poster Arts permanent online exhibition
* Posts in ShahreFarang are projects-in-process. If you have pictures that you would like to include in this post please contact ShahreFarang.
* Never miss a post! Subscribe to ShahreFarang newsletter now for updates. (No spam, we promise) You can also follow ShahreFarang on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+, or grab ShahreFarang RSS feed in English!
Donate to ShahreFarang
If you visit ShahreFarang regularly and would like to help keep the site on the Internet, please consider donating a small sum. There is no minimum donation, any sum is appreciated.
Popular Posts (Last 24 Hours)
- Iranian Costumes
- Irandokht, born in 1942
- Nowruz Stamps
- Lady Cockroach
- Women’s Clothing in Iran
- Second Grade Persian Textbook (1960…
- First Grade Persian Textbook (~1945…
- Prophet Mohammad, Depicted as a Tun…
- Mansur Treatise on Human Anatomy
- Stereoscopic Pictures of Iran in th…
- Shamloo by the Caspian Sea
- Dervishes of Qajar Era
- Dervishes of Sheshdeh
- Building Azadi Tower (Shahyad)
- Le Costume Historique
TagsBooks Building California Cards Childhood Children Books cityscapes Clothing Costume Decorations Documents Education Graphic Design Illustration Islam Los Angeles Magazines Miniatures Murals Music neighborhood Orientalism Painting Photography Pop Music Portrait Postcards Propaganda Qajar Religion Restaurants Revolution Shia Shiism Shiraz Shops Show Sport Street Talisman Tehran Textbook Theater Vinyl Records War