Here are a few examples from the newly launched permanent online exhibition, “Graphics of Revolution and War: Iranian Poster Arts.” The digital exhibit showcases posters from the 1979 Iranian Revolution and the Iran-Iraq War (1980-88). Along with the introductory essay, thematic sections, and poster descriptions, the website also provides additional commentary (including information about the provenance of the poster collection at the University of Chicago) as well as poster artists’ information and further bibliographic resources.
→ Iranian Poster Arts permanent online exhibition
* Posts in ShahreFarang are projects-in-process. If you have pictures that you would like to include in this post please contact ShahreFarang.
* Never miss a post! Subscribe to ShahreFarang newsletter now for updates. (No spam, we promise) You can also follow ShahreFarang on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+, or grab ShahreFarang RSS feed in English!
Popular Posts (Last 24 Hours)
- Yesterday’s Kids
- First Grade Persian Textbook (~1945…
- Comic books in Persian
- English Textbook for High School (1…
- Iranian Costumes
- Love Postcards from 1912
- Bride and Groom
- Pahlavi Hat and Dress Code for Men
- Googoosh Record Covers
- Prophet Mohammad, Depicted as a Tun…
- Irandokht, born in 1942
- Paykan Service and Maintenance Manu…
- Second Grade Persian Textbook (1960…
- Mass-Produced Talismans
TagsBooks Building California Cards Children Books cityscapes Clothing Costume Decorations Documents Education Graphic Design Illustration Islam Los Angeles Magazines Miniatures Murals Music neighborhood Orientalism Painting Photography Pop Music Portrait Postcards Propaganda Qajar Religion Restaurants Revolution Shia Shiism Shiraz Shops Show Smoking Sport Street Superstitions Talisman Tehran Textbook Theater War