In February and March of 1960 a New Zealander tourist took a trip from England to India on land. He only has fours pictures of this trip, three of them taken in Iran. They are all discolored and faded but they still show something of Tehran in 1960.
* Posts in ShahreFarang are projects-in-process. If you have pictures that you would like to include in this post please contact ShahreFarang.
* Never miss a post! Subscribe to ShahreFarang newsletter now for updates. (No spam, we promise) You can also follow ShahreFarang on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+, or grab ShahreFarang RSS feed in English!
Popular Posts (Last 24 Hours)
- Iranian Costumes
- English Textbook for High School (1…
- Second Grade Persian Textbook (1960…
- Iranian Talisman
- Comic books in Persian
- First Grade Persian Textbook (~1945…
- Yesterday’s Kids
- Dervishes of Qajar Era
- Pahlavi Hat and Dress Code for Men
- Prophet Mohammad, Depicted as a Tun…
- First Grade Persian Textbook (1939)
- Talisman for Warding off Co-wife
- Mansur Treatise on Human Anatomy
- Mass-Produced Talismans
TagsBooks Building California Cards Children Books cityscapes Clothing Costume Decorations Documents Education Graphic Design Illustration Islam Los Angeles Magazines Miniatures Murals Music neighborhood Orientalism Painting Photography Pop Music Portrait Postcards Propaganda Qajar Religion Restaurants Revolution Shia Shiism Shiraz Shops Show Smoking Sport Street Superstitions Talisman Tehran Textbook Theater War