In February and March of 1960 a New Zealander tourist took a trip from England to India on land. He only has fours pictures of this trip, three of them taken in Iran. They are all discolored and faded but they still show something of Tehran in 1960.
* Posts in ShahreFarang are projects-in-process. If you have pictures that you would like to include in this post please contact ShahreFarang.
* Never miss a post! Subscribe to ShahreFarang newsletter now for updates. (No spam, we promise) You can also follow ShahreFarang on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+, or grab ShahreFarang RSS feed in English!
Popular Posts (Last 24 Hours)
- Iranian Costumes
- First Grade Persian Textbook (~1945…
- Women’s Clothing in Iran
- Second Grade Persian Textbook (1960…
- Prophet Mohammad, Depicted as a Tun…
- Stereoscopic Pictures of Iran in th…
- First Grade Persian Textbook (1939)
- Six Old Maps of Tehran (1848-1925)
- Faces from Old Neighborhoods in Shi…
- Old Government Buildings of Rasht
- Iranian Olympic Medalists
- Street Singers and the Passers-by
- Former Embassy of Iran in Washingto…
- Comic books in Persian
- Mass-Produced Talismans
TagsBooks Building California Cards Childhood Children Books cityscapes Clothing Costume Decorations Documents Education Graphic Design Illustration Islam Los Angeles Magazines Murals Music neighborhood Orientalism Painting Photography Pop Music Portrait Postcards Propaganda Qajar Religion Restaurants Revolution Shia Shiism Shiraz Shops Show Smoking Sport Street Talisman Tehran Textbook Theater Vinyl Records War