Today’s architecture and design of mosques in Iran is becoming simpler and less elaborate than before. Most of these new mosques look more like half-built structures and are vaguely reminiscent of the glorious mosques of the past. Green is the dominant colour used in the majority of these contemporary mosques.
* Posts in ShahreFarang are projects-in-process. If you have pictures that you would like to include in this post please contact ShahreFarang.
* Never miss a post! Subscribe to ShahreFarang newsletter now for updates. (No spam, we promise) You can also follow ShahreFarang on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+, or grab ShahreFarang RSS feed in English!
Popular Posts (Last 24 Hours)
- Iranian Costumes
- Second Grade Persian Textbook (1960…
- Love Postcards from 1912
- Yesterday’s Kids
- Talisman for Warding off Co-wife
- The Sumptuous Persian Costumes
- Le Costume Historique
- Comic books in Persian
- English Textbook for High School (1…
- Six Old Maps of Tehran (1848-1925)
- Pen Case with Scenes from the “Haft…
- Pahlavi Hat and Dress Code for Men
- Beauty Styles for Men
- Bride and Groom
TagsBooks Building California Cards Children Books cityscapes Clothing Costume Decorations Documents Education Graphic Design Illustration Islam Los Angeles Magazines Miniatures Murals Music neighborhood Orientalism Painting Photography Pop Music Portrait Postcards Propaganda Qajar Religion Restaurants Revolution Shia Shiism Shiraz Shops Show Smoking Sport Street Superstitions Talisman Tehran Textbook Theater War