Located on a rocky hillside north of Shiraz at ‘Baba Koohi’, the Baghe Takht was a garden that existed as early as the eleventh century. A formal garden with a central water channel, it was laid out on multiple terraces with a palace at the uppermost terrace.
Baghe Takht was rebuilt in in 1794, during the early Qajar era, and later it was expanded in 1844. By the end of the 19 century Baghe Takht was in a state of disrepair. It was mostly demolished in the 20th century on account of further expansion of Shiraz.
This post is also available in: Persian