Akhbar magazine (meaning “News”) was a monthly magazine published by the Embassy of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics in Iran.
These pages are from issues number 5 and 6, published in May and June of 1980 and have been provided by Mehrdad Kashani.
* Posts in ShahreFarang are projects-in-process. If you have pictures that you would like to include in this post please contact ShahreFarang.
* Never miss a post! Subscribe to ShahreFarang newsletter now for updates. (No spam, we promise) You can also follow ShahreFarang on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+, or grab ShahreFarang RSS feed in English!
Popular Posts (Last 24 Hours)
- Yesterday’s Kids
- First Grade Persian Textbook (~1945…
- Comic books in Persian
- English Textbook for High School (1…
- Iranian Costumes
- Bride and Groom
- Love Postcards from 1912
- Pahlavi Hat and Dress Code for Men
- Googoosh Record Covers
- Irandokht, born in 1942
- Prophet Mohammad, Depicted as a Tun…
- Paykan Service and Maintenance Manu…
- Second Grade Persian Textbook (1960…
- Mass-Produced Talismans
TagsBooks Building California Cards Children Books cityscapes Clothing Costume Decorations Documents Education Graphic Design Illustration Islam Los Angeles Magazines Miniatures Murals Music neighborhood Orientalism Painting Photography Pop Music Portrait Postcards Propaganda Qajar Religion Restaurants Revolution Shia Shiism Shiraz Shops Show Smoking Sport Street Superstitions Talisman Tehran Textbook Theater War